Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Purchase Hot Foods with SNAP & DSNAP Benefits - Waiver Expired
The waiver approved by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) has expired.
From September 2020 through November 2020, Louisiana recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP) could use their benefits to purchase "hot" or prepared foods.
- The waiver applied to “hot food products prepared for immediate consumption” at participating Louisiana retailers where EBT cards are accepted.
- Normally, recipients could use their benefits to buy prepackaged food items that are meant to be taken home and cooked, but foods prepared and sold to be eaten on the premises would be prohibited.
- This waiver allowed SNAP/DSNAP recipients to use their benefits to buy foods prepared for consumption on the premises at participating Louisiana stores where EBT cards are accepted.
- Restaurant purchases were prohibited.
- The waiver lasted through November 30, 2020.
|Dial 211 for Food Assistance|
211 is an easy to remember telephone number that connects callers to information about critical health and human services available in their community.
It's single access point for details about food pantries and other food assistance sources near you.