Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
DSNAP - Hurricane Zeta
DSNAP - Hurricane Zeta
The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) received approval on January 27, 2021 to begin virtual Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP) operations in 6 parishes to provide additional food aid to families impacted by Hurricane Zeta.
- St. Bernard
These parishes were recently approved for Individual Assistance after damage assessments showed significant storm damage.
What Applicants Need to Know
The application period will run from Monday, Feb. 1, through Sunday, Feb. 7, 2021, with residents being assigned a day to apply based on the first letter of their last name. (See Application Schedule below.)
On their designated day, residents in the approved parishes will call the LAHelpU Customer Service Center to apply and be interviewed. The call center can be reached at 1-888-524-3578 (select language, then press 3-3-1), between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Choose the following options in the automated menus. Do not key in all three numbers at once. Choose one option at a time in sequence.
- 1st Option Menu - Press 1
- 2nd Option Menu - Press 3
- 3rd Option Menu - Press 3
Residents are encouraged, but not required, to take the following steps before calling to apply for DSNAP:
- Pre-register online first. Step-by-step instructions for this can be found on the DSNAP pre-registration page.
- Download the LA Wallet mobile app for identity and residency verification. Click here for information on the app, including download links.
- Gather all information needed for the application. A list of what is needed can be found on the DSNAP FAQ page.
Residents who pre-registered or applied for DSNAP anytime since March 2020, do not need to pre-register again but will need to CALL to apply for benefits to be considered.
SNAP Recipient Eligibility
Individuals who began receiving SNAP benefits after the storm can apply for DSNAP benefits.
- Residents who received SNAP benefits in November 2020 ARE NOT eligible.
- Residents who began to receive SNAP benefits after November 2020 MAY BE eligible.
- The latest information about SNAP benefits can be found at www.dcfs.la.gov/page/snap-updates.
Applications for DSNAP will be accepted from residents in the approved parishes beginning Monday, Feb. 1, 2021, according to the following schedule:
Parishes: Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard and Terrebonne
- Day 1 (Feb. 1): Residents whose last names begin with A-C
- Day 2 (Feb. 2): D-G
- Day 3 (Feb. 3): H-L
- Day 4 (Feb. 4): M-R
- Day 5 (Feb. 5): S-Z
- Day 6 (Feb. 6): All residents in the approved parishes, regardless of last name.
- Day 7 (Feb. 7): All residents in the approved parishes, regardless of last name.
Zeta DSNAP Application Flyers